Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

The Prince Of Tides!


Well, I landed in Long Beach 4 day ago with Ernie. Got a bunch of mandatory tasks completed in that time. Here are my general observations thus far. The people are warm and very courteous. Feel bad that I came in with a negative preconceived notion that was quickly dispelled. Southern hospitality exists. Weather is beautiful but humid as all get out. The apartment is adequate....nothing special, but it will work. Staff are remarkable, and we have needed a few things fixed so far and they did it the same day. They will also setup my TV wall mount when it arrives. Food is spectacular.....we have worked thru etouffee, shrimp creole, jambalaya, red beans and rice with andouille sausage, gumbo, shrimp po'boy, and a couple of thai dishes as well. Deb was a little overwhelmed by the spice of some.
Running has been interesting. My heart rate is very low at sea level. My lungs must be processing oxygen much better than at 4400 feet. I have slowly added more beach running to each of my first three runs here. The beach by the shore is tough to run on because it is banked. Today I ran a half hour out on the concrete beach path, then a half hour back on the shore. don't know my tides yet, or when we have high or low tides, but the gulf has been glass smooth the 4 first days, and I need either some more chop or more tide moving up the beach to give me a flatter surface to run on. Either way, my heart rate didn't rise much, but my legs sure got a serious workout. Also, been to the gym twice, and love the new crunch gym here in long beach. Place is spotlessly clean, lots of machines, some new to me, and the machines are smooth as silk in their operation. Not in my silver sneakers group, but worth the 10 bucks a month. Furniture not due for a week yet. Hope it's all ok, especially Deb's super mattress. All in all, the 5 months of labor to get here has worked out without incident. Remarkable.

No comments: