Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Long Time Since Last Posting...










It's been a very long time since I've made a blog post. As most of you know, I lost my bride on Dec 27th, and didn't have much interest in updating anything. Then, of course, that Covid-19 hit and turned the world into a shit storm. So, at first I had a lot of tasks removing Deb from a variety of bank and investment accounts, stopping her Fed retirement and Social Security benefits, college funds, etc. All of that was delayed due to needing to wait 8 weeks to obtain her death certificate. Got that all done eventually, as well as putting Terry and Inna on these things as beneficiaries. Lots of frustrating things as well. Who would have thought you would need the death certificate to change a phone plan. Only things left are drivers license and plates for the Vdub', and I can't do that until offices open again. Of course, will be careful going in and will wear my mask as always.
Went from running 4 days a week and hitting the gym 3, to running 6 days a week when gym closed. At the same time, my surgically repaired knee from 9 years ago has been barking again. Either a meniscus irritation or bone contact from losing 40% of my meniscus back then. Cant do much about it now, as the medical world remains shut down here still....
Goal for the year running was 1000 miles or, in my case, 1613 kilometers. I am well beyond that pace so far. Went to kilometer tracking on my 62nd birthday, as I felt I had turned into a kilometer of the running man I had once been!
Did 10K run today, which is my outer limit these days. Hope to run a 10K race at 70. Notice I enjoy my beach walking more than running now, so I can see a future where this running ends. Just not today!
















No comments: