Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Scootin', Stormin', Chewin', & Trottin'


Been trying to get a lot of things done before I head to Philly in August. Took the Scoot to Las Cruces monday for it's 600 mile servicing. Was a quiet trip in and out with very little traffic on the freeway. I enjoy Cootin' around on the Scooter more and more all the time. Since the next service would normally be at 6000 miles, I will probably just take it in every summer while I have it. Don't expect to put more than around 100 miles a month in my scootin' around town. Later in the evening, we had our first rain in 10 months. Was a pretty wild hour long storm, and we ended up without power for about an hour and a half. Was sure nice to have the first monsoon storm of the season. On tuesday, I had my first dental appointment in 5 years. The Dental Assistant was amazed that I had so little plaque buildup and had such good teeth without being seen in such a long time. Have two small cavities, and one old filling that I will have to deal with over the next few months. Maybe Ernie was right when he said that your teeth get a protective coating when you avoid the dentist, and when they clean them, they remove it, and you start getting more cavities! Ran 32 miles over 6 days last week with 3 speedwork days. That represents the peak of my 10K training, and I will start to work down to a taper over the next 2 1/2 weeks. Yesterday I ran my last 9 miler probably until the fall when I start to gear up for REALLY turning 60 and trying to squeeze in a few final races in my last racing age group of 60-69! Hopefully I will get the taper just right and feel strong on those 2 back to back racing days later in the month......

No comments: