Total Pageviews

Monday, July 6, 2020

Mesquite Senior Games!






In the spring of 2004, My bud Ernie the attorney was visiting and I told him we needed to do the heptathalon.  just for sheer yucks! I promised him he would medal! He reluctantly went along. I had entered 7 swimming events at the games even though I couldn’t do a flip turn, I won 6 medals, 2 gold (50 and 1000 meter.....no turn on the fifty and pure endurance on the 1000). I was also disqualified in one race cause I fell off the platform. I had entered them all cause I was in swim shape from lifeguard training and k new there wouldn’t be much competition....




So, Ernie and I began our completely untrained unskilled task. 100 meter, quarter, 1500, javelin, discus, shot, and  long jump. Long jump was funniest. Don’t think we covered 4 feet. Guy who won just missed being disqualified because he barely stuck his javelin on his 3rd try. So Ernie and I ended up 2nd and 3rd. He got his medal. I used this same tactic to get him to run a 5K race a few years later.....we’ll cover that next!

No comments: