Total Pageviews

Friday, December 29, 2023

Shock The Monkey!

 




So I managed another thousand mile year, much slower and so much longer to reach. Probably be my last at age 72. I am in early stage heart failure and trying to attack it with Entresto. When I moved to the gulf coast 4 years ago I was at least able to run faster than 5 miles per hour. Not anymore ……

Anyway, sarcopenia is muscle wasting as you age. I blame it for much of my decline. Learned recently it’s not the only cause. Researchers have discovered that nerve firing is equally important. They took one hundred men over age 65 and had them do max leg presses. They then hooked up electrodes and mildly shocked them while repeating the exercise. They improved bye an average of 14.7%, with the oldest making the greatest gains. Shock the monkey! Anyway, we shuffle on ……

No comments: