Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Compared To Someone Your Age......


Saw the Orthopod today after 2 plus hours at the Gym. He first gave me grief about quitting PT after 4 sessions, but when I explained the cost issues, my 2 hours a day at the gym 5 times a week, and showing him how far I could bend the knee, he was dandy with it. He used those words I always hate: "Compared to someone YOUR age, you can bend your knee better already than 80% of them". Then I made him bend his own, which he didn't do all that well, and I gave him tons of crap! He really hates that I started doing jogs already, but that is just the way it goes. He told me to stay on the treadmill and on dirt trails and try not to run more than a half an hour for a few months. No problem there, I'm just not that fit!! The ankle is wonderful, and the knee is good except some pain under the kneecap still. He said that if I don't push too hard, that should be gone within a month or so. The knee stiffness I get every morning could last up to a year or more!! At the Gym today, I did intervals on the treadmill. Included 13 minutes with 2 minute recovery, then 5 minute jog with 2R, then two more 6 minute jogs with 2R's, so it was 4 intervals for a total of 30 minutes. Now I will work on getting those intervals to just one over the next 3 or 4 weeks.

No comments: