Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Weak Birthday Week!


Not much go power in the tank this week. Had 2 short runs of 4 and 5 miles, a good 6 miler where I did 6 bye 1/3 mile, and a 9 miler where I tried to do 3 individual miles at tempo. None of the three miles were very strong, and certainly not anywhere near 10K pace. I just don't seem to be able to make my body adapt to training at this age, after 35 years of running. I can't run very long, very fast, or with much stamina. I don't know if there is any kind of training regimen that would improve this in any way. I would be o.k. with just running 4 or 5 days a week and not attempting to compete, but I guess I don't feel I have a sound training plan dialed in for this stage of my life, so I am not sure I want to give in. Since age groups here run in 10 year chunks, I would probably only have a year or two left to take a final shot at it. I think that my recovery is so impaired, that maybe only 2 hard runs can be done in any one week, maybe one on monday and one on thursday, allowing three easy/off days in between. That would translate into a long run and interval day one week, and a threshold day and very short intervals in the second week, with 2 or three easy days thrown in to each week. Well I guess I have a year from today to try and figure this out!!

No comments: