Total Pageviews

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day Beer Fest!


Been a wonderful week with my friend BillyBob. We are having dinner at our neighbors Ronnie and Dan's tomorrow, and tonight, we are going to the Mimbres Valley Brewing Company here in Deming for sandwiches and beer. I have gotten him in pretty good stead from his days at the gym, and all his surgery areas are starting to improve. I think he will by hitting the gym 3 or 4 times a week when he gets home. I have to get Billy to the airport early on Wednesday for his trip back to Philly. I hope to head his way sometime in the summer. Had a really rough 6 days in a row of running, followed by my spine really locking up today. Ran two 3 milers on the treadmill, a 5 and 8 mile easy run, and two 6 mile runs with one of 6 by 1/3 mile, and one of 4 bye 3/4 mile. After the long run of 8 on Saturday, my back went into spams. Have to scale back again and see what happens. This is really frustrating because I am doing every rehab thing I can to work on it to no avail. Again, as I have said, I am hoping for just 2 more years of training to try a few 60 plus age group races before I retire to just a general old geezer fitness guy. But as the saying goes, "if you want God to laugh, tell him your plans"......

No comments: