Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Green Poop!


The weather tricked me today. It was a mid 70's day, with strong winds throughout the day. I waited until 7 PM to run, as usually the wind dies down toward sunset. Didn't work. Wind actually picked up after 6. Due to the wind, I altered my Tempo workout into Tempo Intervals so that it was all wind aided. I did two intervals of .8, two of .7, and one of .6 on my dirt track, so that my short quarter mile recoveries went against the wind. Even with the wind, it turned out to be a pretty solid workout.
Over the last three weeks, I have been supplementing my poor green vegetable diet with this product, "Naked Green Machine". It is a fruit juice blend that also contains lots of raw green materials including spirulina, chlorella, broccoli, spinach, blue green algae, barley grass, wheat grass, and parsley. The fruit juices cover up the wheat grass taste, so that you only get that taste at the end. I have been drinking two 8 oz. glasses a day for the past three weeks. I feel that my energy level is up, and that my recovery is a bit quicker and more thorough. The only down side, is that I am starting to poop green on occasion!

No comments: