Total Pageviews

Monday, June 6, 2011

Up On The Roof!



Spent the last 4 days up on the roof applying Henry's Solar Roof Sealant. It is a 2 coat process (takes about 3 hours to dry completely between coats). It is designed to reflect 85% of the suns UV rays, cool the inside of the house by about 5 to 10 degrees, and add between 3 to 5 years to the life of your roof. We shall see. Cooks your brains up there in the 97 degree heat! Makes my running a bit harder and slower. I will take tomorrow off so I get a good run in at night. There is no rush to complete this project. So far, I have done the areas we are in the most.....the great room, and both bedrooms. Will save the odds and ends along with the garage for last. I am estimating that I will go thru about seven 5 gallon buckets by the time I am done. That is about $500 bucks worth of the coating, so I hope between air conditioning costs and roof life, it more than pays for itself. The only roof prep that is needed is to spray the area clean with my pressure hose a few hours before I start painting. So, this is what I am doing on my summer vacation......

1 comment:

TerribleTerry said...

hmmm, so that's why the courthouse in Painesville never bothered to clean the pigeon shit off the building....it was a natural white cooling system.