Total Pageviews

Monday, July 25, 2011

Senior Games Registration!


Went in today to get an oil change and related service on the car and to do the final registration for the NM senior games. What a shock!! I was expecting no more than 5 guys in my age group, which is about normal for these games. There are a dozen guys 60-64, and 4 of them have recently run under 50 minutes for 10K. There were very few women the last time I competed in these games, and there are 14 women in the 60-64 age group, and like many of the races around the country, there are more women then men competing! I saw an article recently online on runners world that women now make up about 59% of all race fields. Sure is a far cry from when I was running in the first running boom. I was beaten by a woman for the first time at age 39, and I expect there will be a few beating me on thursday. So, since I for sure will not medal, there is no pressure to hammer myself into the ground. My only goal will be to try and run under 59:09 which is a nice 9:30 pace, and below my age converted to time (about 59:40+). I will also sleep in on friday and skip the 5K. Guess I will have to save my age group award aspirations until I actually turn 60 in November!

No comments: