Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Schuylkill River Trail!


I will be in Philly late Wednesday evening to visit my bud billy. Since I will be staying there for two weeks, and don't want to do all my running on a treadmill or in city streets, I need to access the Schuylkill river trail. This trail is 130 miles long, and vacillates between paved sections, gravel sections, and some dirt. The 10 mile area that I will be accessing is mostly paved, and from the description, heavily trafficked with bikers and runners on weekends. Gotta stay in my lane or I will get run over! The map on top is the section by Admirals way. From emails between myself and members of the Philly running club, I can access the trail about one mile from Billy's between south street and walnut. I have to go over railroad tracks and then turn right and cruise toward the art museum. There is supposed to be a nice loop around a park thru the art museum area. The running club also invited me to run any of their three weekly runs....a long run on saturday, a medium run on tuesday night, and either a hill repeat session or intervals on thursday night. Of course, after each of these sessions, they go out and eat and/or drink. The runs start at 8 a.m. on saturday, and 6:30 p.m. on tuesday and thursday. All runs start at the foot of the "Rocky" steps where the Rocky Balboa statue is. May do some of these runs, especially if Terrible is there to go with me. We shall see. Don't know what days he will be there with me. He should be able to run again after his stomach surgery, and hopefully will be less cranky than his recent blogging makes him appear. He has sure had a rough couple years, and I hope that he gets a corresponding couple where things go swimmingly. You never know. So, my next blog will probably be from hot and humid Philly!!

No comments: