Total Pageviews

Friday, August 26, 2011

The Storm Rider!


While I was in Philly, I got to see my boy for a couple of days. I enjoyed it immensely. I can never get enough time with him. He had to do a three hour storm ride to get to Billy's, and another wet ride home. In similar fashion, thanks to the approaching hurricane, I had a long delayed set of flights back to Deming on thursday, and then when I arrived, Deb and I had to go out to dinner, and then come back to the airport to get my bag which was put on another flight when my connector from Houston to Dallas was cancelled. Deb and I got home at 11:30 that evening. In the very bad news column, my friend Billy found out the day before I left that his cancer had returned (we had gone to a pet scan a week earlier). It made for a tough finish to a wonderful time visiting him. He has to decide now about another round of chemo, or a trial he is eligible for. He will let me know next week after the group of doctors discuss it and then go over it with him. For those who do it, keep him in your prayers. I spent the day today digging out tree sized weeds that have grown in the two weeks of rain in my absence. Why is it that what I plant grows so slowly, and these weeds grow a foot a week!! CRAZY! Gonna go enjoy the soft dirt for a run now......

No comments: