Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Weight Of Water!


A gallon of water weighs 8.9 lbs. That is approximately what I seem to be holding in my flesh at the present time. I went to dinner on monday evening with my bride and mike and judy, my good friend mary's cousins. They were passing thru, and we treated them to a new Asian buffet restaurant here in Deming. Deb and I have eaten there a few times recently, and also ordered some carry out sushi. Food and prices are excellent. Well, I have been eating as little as possible in order to keep my weight down while taking these testosterone injections. After 5 cycles of 400 mg. of testosterone cypionate every 14 to 17 days, I have reduced the last cycle to 200 mg. That is the level I will be on for the foreseeable future. In any event, while at dinner last monday, I kept my meal to two plates of sushi. Now, if you have every made Asian rice, you realize that for each cup of rice you add two cups of water. Well, if you eat two plates of sushi, and drink about 4 cups of tea, your body just sponges up the water. When I went to the doctor on wednesday, I was 181 lbs. Today, after eating no carbohydrates and skipping my usual favorite beverage cytomax sports, I went for a good run. After the run, I weighed 174 lbs. I was careful to only drink water and to dodge all but a piece of toast to avoid carbs. I talked to the doctor about a substance that inhibits the conversion of testosterone to estrogen, but the side effects are pretty nasty. Also, there are no natural supplements that have been found to deal with this process. So, I will see if halving the testosterone reduces this, and in the mean time, be very careful with the carbs. The good part of all this is that I am otherwise feeling much stronger and running better than I have in 5 years or more. On tuesday and today, I did 7 milers. Tuesday included 3 miles at 15K pace, and today involved 4 bye 3/10ths at 10 seconds faster than 5K pace, 2 bye 5/10ths at 5K pace, and 7/10ths at 10K pace. I will put in a long run of around 9 miles over the weekend, and then start to taper into a 5K race on the 20th.

No comments: