Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Nod Is As Good As A Wink To A Blind Horse!



Thanks to Rod Stewart and the Faces for that one....You know, I paid $750 to get an mri that said that I had a torn lateral meniscus and a proximal tibial tumor. So I see the Doc today and he says, no, no torn meniscus and no tumor, just a baker's cyst. Then he spends a while telling me all the things wrong with my knee and calf. I have bad osteoarthritis of the whole joint and back of knee, and all kinds of muscle scars from a series of calf pulls I have had in the last ten years. And that is my GOOD knee, not the one busted up from the truck. So, he does the same dance about not running more than a few miles every other day or third day on soft surfaces, and do more weight lifting and swimming and cycling. I hate all that shit. So, here is his solution. Just like Frank Shorter (I always liked Bill Rodgers better!), He is gonna shoot that rooster comb juice into my knee. Now for those of you not familiar with this stuff, it is a compound made from the comb of roosters that they inject into your knee, and it acts as a gel like temporary replacement for your missing cartilage. It last about 6 months. Frank shorter has had it done twice a year for about 5 years now. It is, to my mind (and obviously his), a better alternative than that knee replacement crap. So, I will go in next week to get that done, once the insurance company approves it. Can't wait to see what it costs! He gave me a cortisone shot in the knee on the way out, and said, wait until thursday to try and run on it. I will. And after not running for about 7 weeks, it will just be alternating walks and jogs just to see what happens. If the rooster comb works (it's called Synvisc one), maybe in the fall I will see what crap I would have to go thru to get it shot into both knees! So, that is the story of that. Oh, and when I thought I was gonna lose my leg, I had done some research, and found this leg that I was gonna ask you all to chip in for cause it is more than 25 grand. You all got off pretty easy, especially you Ernie!

No comments: