Total Pageviews

Friday, March 2, 2012

Nightswimming!

Well, about 12 hours after I began to shake, rattle, and roll with this flu, my poor bride began her dance with this devil. Now, I have never said much about my bride's illness, but she has struggled with fibromyalgia for about 13 years. My best description of this illness is comparing it to living with the flu permanently, but without the fever. Of course when she gets the actual flu, it becomes an exercise in doubling down. So, needless to say, she is pretty miserable. Between the two of us, we have been in bed most of the last three days. At night, with both of us alternatingly shoving off the covers, and then pulling them up around our necks and shivering and shaking, followed by massive periods of sweating, I felt a few times like we were doing a water ballet. Mugsy, who is one of our two cats, usually sleeps between my legs under the covers in the winter. He has come out looking like a wet rat a few times, and has figured out that there are other warm places to sleep that are much drier. Hopefully we are coming to the end of this night swimming....

No comments: