Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Not The Year Of The Tom!



Well, so far, the first 10 weeks of 2012 have not been the year of the tom. Saw
the orthopod today, and we agreed to wait on the knee ligament chop until I get a knee replacement, hopefully at 65 when I am medicare covered. Want to get a partial knee replacement, called an oxford knee, since I think, from what I have read, you can actually run on it! Anyway, I also hurt my back doing god knows what at the gym yesterday, and I just couldn't find a comfortable position to sleep in last night were something didn't hurt. Will go to the gym tomorrow if this back stops killing me. Recovery from the meniscus surgery will either be 2 or three months, depending on what needs done. If they just remove a piece of meniscus, the recovery is faster, but then I am moving around on less cushion. If they can sew up the meniscus, then the recovery is longer to allow the tissue to heal, but I still get full cushioning. Won't know that until he gets inside. The picture above is an Oxford partial knee implant. It is just placed on the medial side of the knee. Hopefully won't be worrying about that until I am medicare eligible. So, now lets get my back in gear so I can suffer for a week with the pain of knee surgery......

1 comment:

TerribleTerry said...

You may have to switch to different hobbies. You know...maybe have a competition with the folks at Walmart on those electric carts. We could call it the sedentary 500. Other possibilities could be some sort of race to diabetes....or the morbidly obese challenge? You'll never fit in with your fellow retirees unless you learn some more acceptable hobbies......