Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

My Stupid Mouth!


Oh, another social casualty
Score one more for me
How could I forget
Mama said "think before speaking"
No filter in my head
Oh, what's a boy to do?
I guess he better find one soon
Thanks John Mayer.......I was at the eye doc yesterday getting fitted for my gas perm contact lenses. Process takes about 40 minutes with lots of dead time while She tries different lens shapes on my eyes. My eyes are pretty flat, and my right eye is seeing eye dog quality! Anyway, with lots of time to kill, my nice russian eye doc and I were babbling back and forth. At a certain point, this thought process was going on in my head....."so, she is fairly attractive and speaks russian, isn't wearing a wedding ring, seems about the boy's age, and so when my boy gets here maybe he could call her and they could share a meal, who knows....", but what came out of my mouth was HOW OLD ARE YOU? Boy, things got real quiet for a long moment, and I then followed up with.....OH, MY BOY SPEAKS FLUENT RUSSIAN AND WHEN HE COMES TO VISIT, MAYBE YOU GUYS COULD HAVE COFFEE OR SOMETHING....HE WILL BE TURNING 38 IN JUNE! After another lag, she responded with, DO YOU THINK I LOOK 38? After a pause on my part, I said "WELL, YOU CERTAINLY LOOK SOMEWHERE IN THE RANGE....". That was kind of the end of that conversational stream. Went back to weather and dumb crap like that. So Terrible, I think I blew that one for you. Hopefully the contacts will fit dandy and I will see well and I can avoid any further contact for a long while......

No comments: