Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2029 Kilometers In 2014!

That's what running with a garmin does to you! What horrid weather to finish the year. Got out during step two of my baby back rib smoking process (wrapped in tin foil with apple juice!) around 2 P.M. It was 27 degrees, with a wind chill of 13. So my last 53 minutes of running an 8K this year was miserable. Doesn't look much better over the next two days where we are due snow. I finished the year with 2029 kilometers, a number I doubt I will ever be able to repeat. For the 50 weeks of running I did this year (minus the two weeks of death flu last february), it averaged out to 25.36 miles a week, or around 4 hours and 45 minutes per week. Pretty consistent year without any major injuries to speak of.....just two three week episodes of ITB syndrome on my outer right knee, once in june and once in november. So it looks like 2015 will start out healthy but ugly......
I made german potato salad today and am smoking three full slabs of baby backs that Joe bought for me in september. I thawed them for a few days. I cut off the ugly tops of each slab for use tomorrow in my annual pork, potato, onion, and kraut made in the slow cooker. So today, Joe and I will get a full slab, and my neighbor Doc edwards will get a half slab. I am in my final hour and last step of the 5 hour smoking period, where you slather them with sauce. I nibbled an edge from my full slab after pulling them out of their tin foil tenderizing period, and they are gonna be my best slabs yet!!
So, happy new years to everyone I love, and I hope you all have a safe and very healthy 2015!

No comments: