Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Dang Sore This Week!

Did not recover very well this week from last saturday's race. I think it was trying to blast downhill on those last two kilometers to get in around the time I was hoping for that just did me in. On the sunday after the race I ran an easy 8K. Was really sore. On monday I hit the gym, and when I went to do leg presses, the sticks were just broken. Tuesday I wanted to do a long run, but was still sore and settled for an easy 11 kilometers instead. Thursday I finally felt that my legs were partially under me. I did another 8 kilometers with 4 kilometers in the middle with alternating 20 second sprints and 40 second recoveries. Friday was another gym day, and saturday, instead of racing, I ran another 8 kilometers with 4 three minute intervals at around 2 mile race pace with two minute recoveries. Today I will try again to do a long run. I signed up for a 5K in old mesilla next saturday which will be flat. See if I can improve on the same course I ran a 5K on around a month earlier. Weather looks good for the week...finally in the 70's for the next seven days or so. Need to get back to running shirtless! Joe, AD, Chris and I watched the final regular season game of the aggies on saturday night. They won ugly. They finished the season 12-1, but now have to head to the orleans in vegas for the WAC tournament to see if they can get to the big tournament for the 4th season in a row. They will sure have to play better in the tourney than they did in the 2nd half of last nights game if they are gonna make it. It was a sold out game and good fun!

No comments: