Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

The Struggle Continues....


So I am trying to be patient (not a strength), but still feel like something is missing in all of this. As I noted in the last post, my Afib is running at around 2% or so, my implanted monitoring device is healing, and I am trying to follow the EP's cardiac rehab advice. I walk twenty minutes as fast as possible. HR runs mid 110's. Then I start jogs. Within a very short time, I jump to around 140. I return to walking, but my heart rate lags and jumps somewhere between 150-160. When it is back in the 110's, I rinse repeat. This lasts for about forty minutes. Then my HR stays high for a good hour or so, until it returns to a more normal range. Have not returned to the gym, as the EP said to wait two weeks so when I start I don't blow my Qlink out of my chest....that would be awesome! Anyway, he told me that I had to approach this like a cardiac rehab patient...someone returning from a heart attack. What a freakin' drag. So I see him on the 21st to check on the implant, then have the echo scheduled for may 10th to see if my ejection fraction has returned to something approaching normal. So by mid May, I should have a better sense of all of this. If things have not improved substantially, still considering a visit to Mayo in Phoenix for a full cardio workup, unless the EP has someone in El Paso who could do something comparable. As I have said before, If I am suffering some form of heart failure or severe cardiomyopathy, I do want to know so that I can consider all options. Until then, I will continue to rinse repeat.....

No comments: