Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Plan B!




Well, the shit has hit the proverbial fan. After working for three months to try and jog, two problems surfaced in alternating fashion. Either the Afib would not reset, and the jogs were all with a heart rate of 160-180, or the heart rate would reset in 5 or 10 minutes, but for a couple hours after the jog, I would go bradycardic with a heart rate dropping to 32 or 33.....heart failure territory. So, I have scheduled an appointment on Sept. 5th with the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale with the cardiology department in the hopes that they can run tests and determine the best path forward. I don't have any problems on gym days with weights or the recumbent bike, but any attempts at jogging seem dangerous....So, will just go back to walking on the days I am not at the gym. I expect that, from my last echo, I need some combination of a mitral valve repair/replacement,  a maze procedure for the Afib, and or a pacemaker.  Whatever I have to do to try and get my life back and try to hang around for my bride, my brothers, and my boy, I will do. I won't blog any further until I know what the path forward is.....

No comments: