Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 2, 2017

Becoming Bionic!


But I, ain't done nothing wrong, no

Still I, can't find my way home....

                     Blind Faith

So I saw the EP today and he apologized for his staff dropping the ball on my bradycardia symptoms which caused me to quit my sad little bit of running back at the end of July. He went in depth and said afib is an ugly beast that can hide everywhere in your heart, and even in some places where it is unsafe to ablate, like near your sinus node. My afib, is slightly elevated to one percent from a half a percent back in May, but obviously better than constant, like it was prior to the first ablation. Of course in my lucky case, it is most prominent during exercise, and also results in the occasional bradycardia like I experienced back in July where my heart rate dropped to 31 and 32 respectively after two 40 minute runs. In a funny side note, the medtronic guy says they had me set at 30 as the low alarm, so I missed it by that much......
I am scheduled for another ablation on November 29th.When they are finishing, they will remove the linq loop recorder and also implant the medtronic single chamber pacemaker below my collar bone, and hook me up. This will be set to go off somewhere in the low 40's in case my sinus node tries to kill me again. If ablation two is successful, it may never go off and become a larger more expensive HR tracker. He said it is better to be safe, and since recovery from installation is about two weeks, the same amount of time as from the ablation, why not have the recovery be concurrent. So, I hope this both kills the damn afib and stops the bradycardia, but only time and God will tell.......Will 2018 be the year of the Tom?

4 comments:

TerribleTerry said...

A piece to make Paul's urn of ashes into a rattle?

Terrible Dad said...

Hahahaha.....

TrCodex said...

The ice cream game continues with the new version of the adventure. Bad Ice Cream 4 with new map model and new sections awaits you. Bad Ice Cream 4 continues the new stille entertainment and adventure from the classic game style. Try Bad Ice Cream 4 before you lose time!
Have fun.

Terrible Dad said...

Don't know what the ice cream game is or why it is a comment in my blog....anyway, gonna be months before this bruising gets absorbed!