Total Pageviews

Follow by Email

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Soft Landings!


Had three good treadmill runs this week of 46, 47, and 50 minutes. I have been concentrating especially on soft running to reduce landing forces on the funky knee. There are lots of different permutations to soft running: barefoot running, chi running, the pose method, etc. The goal is to run with knees slightly bent, working off of the mid foot and ball of foot, and a short stride length with a much higher running cadence. If you are really good at this, you can reduce landing forces up to 50%. I especially need to work on this now. I can't wait for some damn warmer decent weather so I can start to do some running outside and get away from those treadmills. I am seeing the control pads in my sleep!

No comments: