Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Hobson's Choice!

We've all seen them at races....those old guys with those ankle braces, knee braces, elbow braces and such shuffling at a pace that looks like they're trying to run, but are really shuffling in a slow walking foot slide! It's either that or nothing I guess. Because of my back, I have been reduced to running 5 miles every other day. Today, on a long uphill that I am not used to (it's all flat in deming), I pulled a muscle in my left calf. At least it is on the good side! Probably relates to running hills I am not used to with a stride all f#ck@d up from my right side back pain and right side knee and ankle breaks. Probably will cost me another week off I guess. At what stage does the much lessened joy of running get counterbalanced by all the damn pain it creates? Damn good question. Some day, if I am still alive, it will become just walking again like me and my friend ernie did in our early days of high school. Just long walks with good conversation. Like Commander Cody sings, "it's all stems and seeds now". Also find that all my joints dislike the humidity here. It has been a cold rain every 2 of 3 days since I got here. Not much of an improvement from Ohio last summer. Well another two weeks or so, and I can get home to my Baby and try and rehab myself again!! My job as domestique will be over!!

No comments: