Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Scars Are Like Memories.....


Yes, they are, but they are rarely good ones! Last night I was out for a long run. I left about 50 minutes before sun down, hoping to complete half in the heat, and half in the cool of the evening. Had my flashlight and usual accouterments. I had completed the first part of my run to the south, and was about 1/2 mile from home. I somehow got my right foot hooked in a freakin' tumbleweed, and the next thing I knew, my face was headed for a nice dirt plant. I got up and walked home, and went in the side bedroom door to have my bride help me get my crap off and into the shower. She asked if I was playing in traffic again! Anyway, I have a very sore big toe, some nice trail rash on my previously broken knee, my right elbow and shoulder, and my chin, lip, and nose. I was able to go to the gym and do the exercycle for 30 minutes and the usual weight machines, but I am pretty sore. My toe and tooth hurt the most. The tooth is supposed to be dead. It is the one I got hit with a baseball as an accident prone youth. Anyway, I am also getting 2 skin cancers removed from under my right eye and at my hairline, so I think I am turning into scarface. "Say hello to my broken body". I have so many damn scars for having lived not quite 59 years. Maybe some day someone can take a felt marker and connect them all and see if they illustrate anything!

No comments: