Total Pageviews

Friday, December 3, 2010

V-Dub!


Well, it has been 15 months and 8 thousand miles for the Jetta TDI. So far, absolutely flawless! I was at the gym today, stopped at the store on the way home, and then went out and washed the V-Dub. It was 68, slightly overcast, and windless, so it was a perfect day for a wash. Thought I would take a picture at this interval for my friends Ernie and Mary.
While at the gym today I worked exceedingly hard on the knee extension machine and leg press machine. I am trying to eliminate that final bit of knee discomfort when I first start a run, as well as trying to get that last inch that will allow me to sit on my heels! Was remembering today the two weeks it took me a year ago to try and bend my knee from 90 to 100 degrees. That was a pretty scary period when I didn't have any idea where the rehab was going to lead. The secret, like my short term pt rehab guy said it would be, was the exercycle. That moved everything from horrid to the realm of possible running! First month of treadmill running and outdoor walking were pretty painful and miserable, but WHAT A DIFFERENCE 8 MONTHS OF CRAZY ASS HARD WORK HAS MADE! I was also thinking about my friends ernie and frank, and the fact that, in the last few years, one of the three of us has been unable to run for an extended period. It is ernie's turn now, although if he would get his butt to a good foot doc and get a cortisone shot, he could probably have his ass out there running in the snow! Anyways, a new year is coming and a chance for maybe a couple more years of trying to run a bit faster to beat up on some other geezers!!!

No comments: