Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My Miles Have Become Kilometers!


Today was a superb day, mid 70's with little wind. So, after doing some outdoor work around the house, I went for a 7 mile run (11.3 kilometers), where I did 5 repeats of 1 kilometer (.62 miles) at my expected race pace for the 10K I am doing at the New Mexico Senior Games. Now, sadly, I don't complete these kilometer repeats much faster than I once did for 5 one mile repeats. My long runs that used to be 15 miles are now more like 15 kilometers (9.3 miles), and my weekly 40 to 50 mile weeks have become 40 (24.8 miles) to 50 (31 miles) kilometer weeks. Am I turning European? Sometimes when I watch american politics I want to. Or at LEAST canadian. But, I guess I am just a Kilometer of what I used to be....maybe in 2012 I will keep all of my running statistics in kilometers instead of miles...It will finally SEEM like I am running faster and longer!!

1 comment:

TerribleTerry said...

It'd be more age appropriate if you measured in rods and chains.....muhahahaha