Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Very Small World!


It started with a question about the shoes I was wearing.....I was at the gym today when a fellow came up and asked about a pair of shoes I was wearing (brooks racer 5's). It turns out, this was a very interesting fellow who I talked to for an hour or so after my workout. His name is Chris Huff. He is soon to be 40, lives temporarily in my housing complex, and is a sponsored runner for the Saucony Hurricanes running team. He can still bang out 32+ minute 10k's, and should be ranked in the top 10 in the nation when he hits that big 40. He is a sometimes teacher and coach, a temporary employee of the gym, and an all around interesting guy. He occasionally sleeps in a compression suit (you're not so wacky now are you terrible!), does high altitude training in the summers in cloudcroft and almogordo, and grew up in deming. I was talking to him about my boy and his running years in college and with dimitri, and oddly enough, he knows dimitri pretty well and ran some races with him in Kansas. So terry, it sure is a damned small world after all....He mapped out some nice routes I can add that will give me some hill running which I need, without all of those damned rattlers. Plus, when terrible comes to visit, I finally have someone he can run with....

No comments: