Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!


Since the blizzard hit on Friday and I chose not to try to run, I decided to do a long run on Saturday. It was cold but sunny, and the winds were pretty mild. Since it had snowed all day Friday and Saturday morning, all my dirt trails were snow covered so I was forced out onto the side roads. I did a huge loop heading east first, then north, then on the trucking road that runs behind Walmart and K Mart, and then I headed west to the far edges of Deming. I was just bopping along, going easy and not looking at my Garmin to check pace or distance, and once I did, I realized I had run just about 8 miles, and was well over 3 miles from home. As I started heading south and east, I found the nice cold wind that I hadn't noticed for much of my run. So, I had a long and cold 3 plus miles home, and ended up with my longest run of the year at two hours. Today, sore as all get out, I slogged a slow 5 miles just to try and get everything to bend, twist, and push. First mile was hideous; cold and stiff. Our ten day forecast gets us back into the upper 50's, and for now, no weird storms appear on the horizon.
Went to visit our new friends Chris and AD yesterday evening for a few drinks. They made the interesting runner on display out of bubble wrap and lights. It does look like Chris, is 6 foot tall like him, and if you look closely, you will see he is even wearing chrises oakleys!
Merry Christmas to one and all, and I hope we all have a warm and very healthy new year!

No comments: