Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Where The Blacktop Ends!

Did a long ride yesterday in a nice southwesterly fashion. I always try to ride into the wind for the first half of my ride so as not to make it as painful coming home. It was pretty windy heading out. I rode past pumpkin and pepper fields being picked, as well as onion, cotton, and corn crops, and hayfields being stacked. Also went past two vineyards. Beautiful ride on a 82 degree cloudy day. I have been trying to get to this mountain many a ride, but always run out of blacktop. Well, I as more toward the south of it than usual, down below rockhound road, and I found what looked like a nice smooth recently paved road. I thought that was gonna be my ticket. I got up to cruising speed, turned a sharp corner, and the damn road just up and ended....
Damn....some day I Will have to go really far and try to get at it from the western side, the only way left to try...
On the way home I was on a much farther northeastern heading when I came across this earth house that I thought Terrible would like. I did a double take, then stopped and took a picture. I would have liked to go up the drive and take a picture from the front, but there were a few unhappy looking dogs licking their lips, so I headed on home....
Today I hit the gym for the exercycle and weights, and did a bunch of calf exercises to try and strengthen my way out of this mess....not much success. Like I said, If it still sucks next tuesday I will call Doc Romanelli to insure I don't have some freakin' stress fracture.....

No comments: