Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Nailed It!

Well today's run was the polar opposite of tuesdays. I waited until around 7:15 to go out, and started with an easy 3K warmup. I felt great from the start. Then I proceeded to complete 5 five minute intervals with two minute recoveries. The pace of each interval was faster than the previous bye a few seconds, and it was only on the last two minutes of the final interval that I got a bit sloppy. Ended up having my heal on one foot hitting the calf on the other leg a couple of times. Warmed down for a few minutes for a total of 9K for the run. So tuesdays debacle didn't seem to carry over longer than a day or so. Sure felt shitty all of tuesday evening after that misstep.
Now, I know I have a strange mental illness sense of humor. I occasionally post stuff on my blog, and both our and other people's facebook pages. Now, the only people who are gonna read my blog know me, or may read it once and run away choose to not follow any further, but I usually don't get violent responses. I put the picture from above on my brother Paul and Deb's facebook page with the notation "hey Paul, I was going thru some pictures that Suzi had and found this picture of you and Allison when you were building the deck on your first house on water island......haha". I then headed to Joe's for an hour to go over which home football games we were going to attend this fall at NMSU (We get them free from my cross country coach friend), and when I returned there were 4 postings from my sister in law Deb that were pretty whacky.....her first said "this is sick and not funny", followed up bye "this is one of the reasons why we don't have a relationship", followed up bye "since I don't know how to do it, please defriend me". There were two people who posted comments....one saying that is was funny, and one saying something about how Paul was a good carpenter and would never put Allison at risk, and then Deb put a final post out about how some people from their rental cabins might see this and how I was trying to destroy their business. Whew. So I just went in and took it down, something she could have easily done at the beginning. I was tempted to tell her that I could give her about 20 really good reasons why we don't have a relationship, but I just left it alone. So, I think I will keep my attempts at humor limited to those that know me and can choose to read my posts or not......

1 comment:

TerribleTerry said...

How dare you insinuate with this phot that Paul wears blue hats. People may associate him with the Crips. Don't you know that only those who associate with the bloods take tropical camping vacations.... You're ruining their business!!!!! Now...if you could block my range of IP addresses from your blog so I don't read it. I can't seem to keep myself from clicking on it.

LOL