Total Pageviews

Follow by Email

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Gym Commute!

Yesterday was an unusual day here in Deming......an all day into evening rain. We only get two or three days a year like this. I had a pretty busy day. Hit the gym early to work on my grocery carrying muscles. Came home and my "singlespeed bike in a box" was here. I opened the garage to enjoy the rain while I assembled it. Took me three hours. Terry would have done it in 30 or 40 minutes. The bike was unassembled except for the bottom bracket and crank arms. I had it assembled when I discovered that I had the fixie chainring side set up (meaning you don't get to coast and the pedals and crank arms never stop), so I had to take the rear apart again and flip the rear wheel to the freewheel side. So then it would coast. Went over to Joe's after for a celebratory beer and a few snacks. Came home and made Deb some crab and shrimp stuffed flounder, onion, pepper, and mozzarelli bruschetta, and some lemon and butter asparagus.
After dinner, I showered and watched some TV while sucking bourbon.
Today After getting coffee and some breakfast, I went back in the garage and swapped out the saddle on the bike to an older one I had with a slightly wider base and a bit more padding for my old bony ass derriere, and then did some final brake adjustments. I then rode one way up to the gym, and another way back. Took me 13 minutes each way, but one was a bit more of a beater on rough road and some gravel, so will will probably take the first one. That is a mile and a half on the bike trail, cross over to florida road, cut south in about 100 yards to escape traffic, and run on a parallel road to the backside of the gym. So, I am awaiting a small messenger backpack to carry the lock, gym ID, ipod, gym gloves, and leave room for a bottle of bourbon from the grocery store. That should be here bye friday, so I will be ready to go.....
After 7 days of some amount of rain, looks like we may be clear tonight so I will probably be getting back out around 7:30 again for a run....still is a good bit more humid though!

No comments: