Total Pageviews

Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloweenie!

Nice cool halloween day. I have all my yard stuff prepared and my 5 huge bags of candy. Usually get around 150 kids over about three hours. Little tykes come before sundown, middle schoolers after sundown, and a few older kids an hour or so after that. I do enjoy seeing these kids and giving out candy.
Ran the last three days and hit the gym this morning. On tuesday, I did a longer run of 13K. On Wednesday I did 6K, with the last 2K with alternating 20 second sprints. Thursday I did 9K, with 4 six minute intervals which got my heart rate up to around 142 on the last two. Feel pretty beat up today. Even though my heart wants to do a half marathon next year, my orthopaedic limitations are telling my brain not to do it. I think my brain is right.
Deb gets her spinal shots on tuesday, and I hope that she gets some pain relief. Now that she is getting off these pain meds after many years, some of the pains that were controlled are returning. It is a difficult balance, but we just have to go there.....

2 comments:

TerribleTerry said...

In Geneva there was this guy that would hide in a pile of leaves and scare the beejesus out of the kids. I don't guess hiding under a pile of rocks or cactus works quite as well.

Terrible Dad said...

Every year I think I might dress up as a monster, sit still in a chair in my yard, and scare little kids, but then I think someone will crash and fall in a cactus or on a rock and I will get sued.....