Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Very Warm First Week Of Fall!

Warm first week of fall! Mid 80's all week and sunny. Next week it is due to normalize to the mid 70's. Got my 40K in this week over four days. 13.5K long run on tuesday, 10K on thursday with the last 2K at 10K race pace, 8.5K on saturday with 4 bye 3 minutes with 2 minute recoveries hard enough to get my heart rate up to 145 for the last two reps, and 8K easy today. Prefer to get my 40K weekly goal over 4 days vs 5. Will race the 5K at the Las Cruces half marathon on december 7th. This is their 5th year, and if I do it, I will have run it 4 of the 5 years. Bye far the only race out west that I have participated in that often. Year one was a slow trail run. Year two was my sub 25 minute 5K just after turning 60, prior to my knee exploding. Last year was the extra long run with the additional half mile to allow the finish on the track. So who knows what we will get this year. Only other race I may run this year is if Chris and AD set up a tinsel trot for christmas at NMSU. Have not heard much on that lately.
The yellow rose of new mexico still thinks it is summer. Lots of buds left to bloom. If we finally get some frost next week at night, it may shut down fast. For now, it is just doing dandy.....
Was on the Las Cruces Running Club web site looking for January races, and found this picture from the 2 miler last august. This was my big sprint to the finish. You can always tell from my face that I am working damn hard.....

No comments: