Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 14, 2015

The Bride Goes Down!

On Wednesday evening, my bride started getting abdominal swelling, pain, and lower back pain. By Thursday morning, she thought she might be suffering from a heart attack, so we rushed her to the ER. After arterial blood tests, cat scans, xrays, and an abdominal ultrasound, they found that her pancreas numbers were way out of whack. Normal amylase numbers are generally in the 200's, and Deb's was 1190. So, they sent her to a regular room, restricted all food and water, and began filling her with all kinds of medicines. She will probably be in the hospital into early next week. Met with a digestive health surgeon, and he said he doesn't believe any kind of surgery is currently warranted. If it doesn't self correct, she could end up with gall bladder surgery. As I jokingly said on facebook, I got out of taking her out for dinner for valentines day!
Got up early to run a race this morning before heading in to see the bride. It was the cupid chase 5K in Las Cruces. There were about 500 folks, and it was a chip timed race. Another dangerous narrow start thru the start chute along car lined narrow streets for about 200 yards, and then a left turn, then a right in another 200 yards, before spreading out for a mile on a long uphill road. As usual, there were all kinds of walkers and folks that sprinted for a quarter mile, and then started walking. Semi tripped and pushed a women into a car, and almost ran over a couple kids. Once on the mile stretch, things smoothed out. Finished in 27:30 for an 8:51 pace. I actually out sprinted a guy to hit the timing pad, and beat him bye one second, but he was in the 50-59 age group. Ended up 2nd of the 60 to not dead age group. Now, I registered late and didn't get a shirt, but the shirts were white if you were "unavailable", and red if you were "available". Sort of a hook up race. My shirt said "sweat more bitch less". Now, I can honestly say, I have never seen so many large women wearing red, pink, or pink camo tights in my life. Not a good look for a hefty gal. Go with black or navy blue. A woman came over after the race and took a picture of my shirt. She said it was for her husband. I told her I got it a leftlane sports on clearance for 11 bucks. She was gonna get it for him for the gym. Anyway, beautiful 66 degree sunny day, with a week ahead that looks pretty nice. Sorry for all my friends in the midwest and the east for your luck......

No comments: