Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Kardiac Kid Week 4


Well, I made some progress this week, but not nearly as much as I would have liked. The weights and recumbent at the gym are going dandy. Adding increments of weight, and covering more distance with stronger sprints on the recumbent during my thirty minutes. Walk Jogs are another thing entirely. The only way I can measure, since I am not timing jogs and just using heart rate to guide me to about 125 BPM before walking back to 105-110, is total distance covered during the hour. This week my hike days averaged around 7.2K, so I expect that my total jog time and walk time are about equal now. I am doing it mid afternoon in the heat, and that is not helping. Will need to start to go in the evenings soon. Next six weeks are usually the hottest times of the year here in Deming. So, this is really going to be a rough comeback attempt. My experience is that when you can get to 3 miles of pure running, things improve pretty fast, but I am at three minutes running, so we have a good ways to go.....

No comments: