Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Kardiac Kid: Week 5, No Magic, No Progress....


Well, no magic present in week five. Not sure how much of this struggle includes heat, but just have not had anything approaching fun. All 3 of my gym days of clanging, banging, and spinning went well. Got 4 bench reps up at 150 at best, and got close to 8.5 miles in my half hours on the recumbent with a good heart rate. Those pesky walk jogs are another matter. Averaged around 7.1K for the hour walk jogs, but still struggle to get a jog of more than 4 minutes in. So I am jogging more than walking, but not by a lot. Especially drag the last ten to twelve minutes. Like they fellow above, it seems that my legs give out before my lungs or heart rate does at this point. Capillary development I suppose. Three legs of the stool, and one is always a bit weaker than the other two. So, we will go back to work in week six and keep hoping for that breakthru week to appear. Will remain a struggle I suspect until the day hopefully comes where I can do three miles just running. Still a long way from there.....

No comments: