Total Pageviews

Friday, December 15, 2017

16 Days Post Ablation!


There's gonna be a time
when it's all behind you
There's gonna come a time
when your hands been played....
There's gonna come a time
when no one will remind you
There's gonna come a time
And that times today....
Michael Stanley 

It's been a cold December thus far after an awesome October and November. We had a nice 20 minute blizzard a week ago, followed by sunshine that melted it all within an hour. Otherwise, the drought remains sadly intact.
It has been 16 days post ablation. Some of the bruising has abated, but it will be two or three months before it fully resolves. Groin pain is gone. Today was the first day at the gym where I could resume spinning on the recumbent. Had to wait until my plugs had healed so that the pull wouldn't cause me to bleed out. Afib is still there, and some days walking are perfect, and some days the fib comes partway into the hike. Will be another 4 to 6 weeks before I find out if it resolves enough to try walk/ jogging. If this fails, my options become much more difficult. Another ablation, a mini maze procedure, and/or a pacemaker. Not worried about what will come......I have dealt with this pretty well and will handle whatever I have to. If this had hit me in my 40's, I would have been a psycho. So, as always, the waiting is the hardest part.....