Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Ablation Deux!


See those fault lines
Lay down like land mines
It's hard to relax
            Tom Petty

So they shaved me up, and drove a bunch of cameras, burning catheters, and fluid catheters inside both sides of my groin up into my heart,  and proceeded to burn away. A week later, I am all black and blue, and as the hairs starts growing back, itching like a bitch! Pain in my groin is minimal, and slight burning in my chest has resolved. Did approximate hour long hikes yesterday and today, with today's hike being better, with a lower heart rate and no fibbing. Afib still minimally remains, but seems muted. Hope over the next 8 weeks the ablation lines scar and the afib either resolves or gets so minimal, it doesn't effect my exercise activities. If it does, a pacemaker may still be in my future.
Will probably return to the gym a week from today, but there will be many activities I cannot do. The recumbent will pull on my groin too much, so certain weights and walks on a fully inclined treadmill will be what I will be able to do.
And yes, I DO fill up the sock!

No comments: