Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 1, 2018

There's Nothing You Can Do, God Don't Care About You.....






    

My favorite song from the new Rick Springfield album.

Saw the EP today. First I had to put on a mask cause I foolishly listed that I had a cold/flu. Surprised I wasn't sent to a room to be washed down like a hazmat exercise....
The Medtronic dude came in first and ran all my data. afib is around 6 tenths of one percent.  So no real change. He noted I have been having some PVC's (premature ventricular contractions) as well. Not really sure that my exercise heart response is actually afib.
My EP came in and my first question was whether when doing the electrophysiology study prior to the burning, if they were able to determine if my AV node (your heart's spark plug) was scarred as much as the rest of my heart from those forty one years of running abuse. He indicated it appeared to fire properly, but force is impossible to measure. Yes, the inside of my heart is scarred up. He said if the AV node was not working properly, he'd have put a pacer in me.
So, he would like me to let my swollen heart heal a bit and start trying more jog walks. So long as my HR stays below 160, try not to get concerned about it. He thinks it will improve with a level of fitness. If it again goes into the 30's in the hour after exercise, than a pacer is probably coming. The truth is that I have an old heart that is wearing out. Early stages of heart failure. How reversible is it? Only God knows, and God don't care about me......

No comments: