Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 26, 2018

Paully "The Rat" Ryan Is Coming For Me!






Since turning 65, I have certainly utilized Medicare beyond what I thought possible. In 20 months, have reached a gross billing of 1.3 million dollars. Keep fearing that I will wake up to find Paully "the rat" Ryan standing by my bed with a pillow in his hands. I have had a cardio version, two ablations, catherization, pacemaker placement, ICU hospitalization for cardiac tamponade from pacemaker lead puncture, three ER visits, two connected to the cardiac tamponade, cataract surgery with lens placement on both eyes, and recently 4 more skin cancer biopsies. Next on the agenda is a prostate biopsy in late September to determine if I have prostate cancer, and if so, thru a gleason score, weather it is a fast or slow growing variety. That helps decide if you need to address immediately and which treatment you may choose. Fun stuff.
Been back to jogging on the treadmill and lifting weights 5 days a week or so at the gym. Can slog thru 40-45 minutes on the mill. 2 of 3 times my heart rate will reset after 3 to 5 minutes and remain within what I consider a normal range of 118-125 BPM. On the third occasion, damn heart rate won't correct, and stays between 150-170.  Those jogs are hardest because they are most fatiguing. Ready for cooler weather and doing it outside. Within an hour after each jog, my heart attempts to drop to a rate in the 30's (bradycardia), but the pacer kicks in and drives it back to the 70's or 80's. Afib has been reduced to less than a half a percent of the time, but still get periods where I feel a bit weak or dizzy. Just have to accept that going forward.
Heading to Ohio next Sunday for a couple weeks to see friends and the grand kids. Flight and car are arranged, and some of the stays. Will figure the rest out after the first week or so. Will be a nice change of pace from freakin doctors......

No comments: