Total Pageviews

Friday, April 26, 2019

Limiter!


God only knows what Brian Wilson meant.....Snow Patrol 

I seem to have reached both an orthopaedic and cardiovascular limit of late. That goal of 4 hours a week or running seems prophetic now. I run a bit more than an hour on tuesday and thursday, and then back off on the back to back saturday and sunday runs. I continue to try and do about 3K of tempo work on the end of my saturday run, and then slog thru on sunday. my frankenspine and repaired right knee squawk a bit after every run, and my heart rate stays reasonable most days. Slow as molasses now, and don't think that is ever coming back. But on the bright side, had a lot of doubts about ever running again during that 2 years of heart madness, and the gym work 3 days a week seems to be keeping me upright.
Plan to spend the summer trying to get the house in tip top shape in the hopes of trying to sell it in the fall. In two years I'll approach 70, and I just don't see myself climbing on the roof doing roof coating or other assorted jobs around here. If successful, would like to find a one bedroom apartment on the Ocean somewhere until my ride arrives......

No comments: