Total Pageviews

Friday, May 24, 2019

Strange Days Are Here!


Lost a good friend today, Rick Day. Rick and I met when I came to the Lake County Department of Human Services and we became cubicle mates. They took Rick's office and build a temporary wall to split it into two, and he took it all in stride. He laughed when I talked on the phone with folks, and kept trying to stop me from fighting with the Director at that time. It was to no avail, but we were lifelong friends from that point. We helped each other thru some difficult divorces, and shared a lunatic love of the browns. After also losing Billybob, that just leaves Ernie, Frank, and I to shoulder on......
The house has been listed for 10 days and there have been over 400 looks and 16 saves on zillow, but noone has asked for a tour as yet. Hoping to get to Gulfport/Biloxi and put Deb on one of their beaches like the picture above before we leave this mortal coil.
Have settled into 30K of running over 4 days pretty steadily with the addition of those 3 days of weight training each week. Almost always seems like effortful hard work, without the joy of running I had up into my 50's. Speed has only marginally improved, and seems pretty set at this slow jog. Still try once a week to do 3K of tempo running at the end of my saturday run, but that isn't causing any overall speed increase, and is also not particularly enjoyable.  Think that I am in a place where I will try to hold on as long as I can, before it gets even slower and shorter.
Most of my life I have felt like I was fighting hard to get to somewhere/something.....now I feel like I am just going with the ebb and flow......

No comments: