Total Pageviews

Monday, July 1, 2019

The 3% Lie!


I have had a lot of medical procedures in these past 67 years, and every time I discuss it with the doctors, they say, there is a 3% chance of.....
Saw the urologist today. All thru my 60's, I have had a PSA in the low 3's. After ending up in the ICU from having my heart punctured, my next PSA test result was 5.7. They dosed me with antibiotics, and it went back to 3. So they did a prostate ultrasound which showed I had nodules, but that is not unusual at this age. So, we keep toying with doing that painful biopsy, but that would require coming off blood thinners for 5 days. That means increased stroke risk. Now when I saw my cardiac EP last, he suggested a watchman. Would have to go to Austin, and guess what, 3% chance of blood clot from the procedure. Had meniscus surgery.....3% chance of complications. Had 2 ablations.....3% chance of complications. Had pacemaker installed....I was in the fucking 3% that time! I guess my point is, they often don't know the current risks of many procedures, and certainly don't have long tern risk data on newer procedures. Watchman is a good example. There are class action lawsuits about it. My Xarelto, class action lawsuits about that. So next time you have a procedure scheduled, see if they tell you there is a 3% chance of......

No comments: